2017/2018 JAMB UTME registration has not commence. This
page is set to proffer answer to frequently asked questions
regarding the 2017 JAMB UTME.
2017/2018 JAMB UTME Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Some of our high-class readers posed some questions to us
regarding the 2017/2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation
Examination (UTME), we have decided to publish this page to
give suitable answers to the frequently asked questions.
1. What is computer based test (CBT)?
Computer based test is the administration of an examination
using a computer. This format is flexible in that the test can
be taken at different times and in different locations. The test
has time for each subject. If let’s say 40mins is allocated to
English, after 40mins the question/answers sheet will
disappear then the next subject will appear.
2. Why computer based test (CBT)?
CBT makes for more accurate, precise and fair assessment of
3. What are the benefits of computer based test (CBT)?
– It is fast in that it gives immediate feedback.
– It is accurate and offers automated analysis of results.
– It is fair.
– It is more secured.
– It is the global best practice.
4. What is e-UTME?
e-UTME is an electronic form of Unified Tertiary Matriculation
Examination that adopts the use of Computer to display and
answer test items.
5. What are test centres?
Test centres are examination locations across the country
where candidates can take computer based tests (CBT). These
centres are equipped with modern infrastructure that would
enable the conduct of CBT.
6. Where are the test centres located?
CBT centres are located in all 36 states of the federation and
7. Are these centres well equipped for CBT?
Yes the centres are well equipped for CBT.
8. What does the test centre look like?
A room equipped with computers connected to internet or
internet (local Area Network).
9. Are the test centres conducive for CBT?